Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Seventh Confession

"Macho" is a subculture that has gotten too good of a name among the ignorant.  To many, it is the celebration of the masculine: this would be true enough, and good enough, if that were all the further it went.  To the homosexual community, it is the embraced term for enjoying all things male.  All.  Things.  Male.

Seeing as how the homosexual community has co-opted this word completely, what is the church's response to this?  They call Jesus "macho."

In a classical sense, I can go along with this; however, saying that Jesus was homosexual is, of course, not where I'm going with this.  However, most gay men call hanging around with 12 other guys and a prostitute, drinking wine and discussing life "Thursday".  The religious church at large calls it "abominable." 

I personally don't understand most aspects of the gay subculture.  I comprehend the terms, I know quite a few gay men and lesbians for a "Christian," and find the people in the subculture approachable and friendly.  I just can't sashay that way.

But what, I wonder, would the church I attend do with a gay attendee?  Would they be able to tell them from the straights?  I know what the Bible teaches about the sin of homosexuality, as well as what it teaches about separating the person from the sin.  But would my church be able to effectively minister to that man's needs? Or would they be too bent (forgive the pun, couldn't help myself) on changing the person into what they view as acceptable?

There is obviously more to be said about the church and homosexuality; however, it's not for me to say it in this blog.  It's almost time for a new topic, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment