Friday, December 17, 2010

38th Confession

Just a few random thoughts thrown out there this time around.  Comment on what you want me to discuss more  in depth; next post, though, is about how to talk to telemarketers. ;)

---The age of institutions is dying; no one, least of all the institutions, is happy about it.  This is deep, pervasive, and far reaching.  The beginnings of this death was the anti-establishment movement of the sixties, and the seventies and eighties saw the decline of power of the institution.  By the time the OJ Trial (first) and Rodney King came up, people weren't AS shocked to see justice running amok, but after the Towers fell, nothing but nothing became safe. Consider the birth of the TSA, one of the least efficient and most invasive institutions from the rapidly failing institution of American government. Consider the fact that the population of the institution of churches has decreased in size.  Consider.

---My darling wife quite correctly pointed out to me that the local soft rock stations are playing a higher quality of Christian Christmas music than the local Contemporary Christian station.  I think that's a sad commentary on the state of affairs: that the "unsaved" are praising the root of Christmas better than the "saved."

---I'm thinking about shaking up the graphics on the website; e-mail me on Facebook with suggestions and comments on what you'd like to see on the page.

---I've been listening to the local Alternative station (CD 101 at 102.5 FM - plug plug), and I've noticed that the music hearkens back to the 80's new-wave movement.  It seems as though the music industry is stuck; either that, or we've reached the point of media saturation.  When tied in with the concept that the institution of "big business" or the "music industry" is dying, it seems to me to be pointing the way toward a static society.

---Tomorrow, I'm going to an 80's Cartoon viewing at a friend's house in my pajamas.  I say "in my pajamas", but what I really mean is "in a set of pajamas."  I might stick a smoking jacket on over the entire ensemble, just to make it a little more surreal.

---I kinda like the freedom of throwing out a few lines here and there, not really having to make an entire composition for each post.  But I think there's room and place for both in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment